4 Hottest Destinations for Young Adults
Exploring hot destinations for millennial
As travel becomes more affordable, with more great destinations within an easy
young people tend to travel more often, to more destinations.
Young people are travelling more – and many factors contribute to this “global phenomenon” as described by the
World Tourism Organization.
For one, overseas travel has become so affordable that it’s no wonder the present generation is the most
In addition to airfares and accommodation options now being easily within a lot of young people’s budgets, there
are now fewer restrictions when it comes to traveling to popular destinations.
Best of all, getting all the necessary documents and permits has become simpler with the help of passport and
visa processing companies.
But where do millennials travel to? Most parts of the world are open for exploration, but there are
some places that are highly recommended for young people to check out based on their usual travel budget,
interests, and other factors.
The following are four of the most popular destinations for young adults today.
Great Shopping on a Budget – Hong Kong and
It’s a toss up between these two Asian locations because when it comes to shopping, they both offer not just
great deals, but a vast variety as well. Hong Kong has long been considered the world’s shopping capital, but over
the years Vietnam has crept up behind it when major brands started outsourcing their production and manufacturing
in the country.
For a long time Hong Kong has been a shopping mecca to tourist from around the
including now millennials, with major brands' shops available here.
Why Millennials Will Love Hong Kong or Vietnam for Shopping
- Shopping malls are everywhere. Head to Sheung Wan and you’ll find big shopping malls with both high-end
stores and kitschy kiosks selling handmade products. There’s also an abundance of night markets all over
Central, Kowloon and other cities. If you need to go souvenir shopping, you can get seven shirts for just
100HKD at a night market in Kowloon. As for Vietnam, it has a lot of long-established local shops that sell
good quality and unique locally made products.
- Food shopping in both Hong Kong and Vietnam is very satisfying. There are many food stalls and roving
vendors that sell “souvenir” edibles and really affordable meals that are not only delicious, but very
- You can get designer brands at discounted prices here as well.
- If you’re looking for gold, jade and even ivory jewelry, you’ll easily find places that offer them at low
prices — they’re usually located near train stations where you can have your money exchanged, too.
Outdoor Adventure – Australia
The majestic Land Down Under is another top destination for young travelers.
Those who are into camping and just roughing it out won’t have trouble finding budget campsites where they can stop
for a night or two as they explore the country and experience the many outdoor wonders it offers.
For those who enjoy the great outdoors, Australia is a perfect destination,
as Aussies are fond of spending most of their time engaged in outdoor activities.
Why Millennials Will Love the Aussie Outdoors
- For those who will be renting a car, the Great Ocean Road is almost a free adventure. It offers so much in
terms of the country’s history and its natural splendor.
- There are plenty of national parks. Young travelers can learn more about the country’s culture as well as
the many endemic species of wildlife and plants.
- Outdoor sports are super-popular in Australia and locals are nice enough to let tourists join in on pick-up
games. Also, if you’re interested in surfing and other water sports or activities, there are schools and
instructors at the beach ready to provide you the lessons you need.
- There are amazing walking and biking trails everywhere. Many local businesses rent out bikes and hiking
gear to tourists.
Culture and Nature – Canada
One of the safest places to live in the world that offers a spectacular display of the different seasons is
Canada. Young people, particularly from America, consider it the other best option for a vacay (the other being
Mexico) because it’s a fantastic place to explore for cultural enrichment and to experience nature.
Millennial travelers from Asia are coming to love Canada as well, especially with the special tourist
arrangements (such as no visa required from tourists from Asia who only wish to stay for 90 days or less)
Lovers of natural beauty and fantastic scenery will find Canada particularly
such as Banff, Canada's oldest National Park.
Why Millennials Will Love Canada
- It’s such a multicultural country that they’ll easily encounter people from their own country.
- It has such a strong European influence and it’s evident in the language and architecture. Head to Quebec
or Montreal and you’re automatically transported to old Paris – absolutely great for taking pictures.
- It’s never a long drive from the city to nature. This is a big plus for young travelers who don’t want to
spend such a long time moving from one place to another.
- In the winter, maple candies and lollies are freely provided by generous local maple tree-growers. Who
doesn’t want free sweets while taking in the sites and getting to know the locals?
Fun Education – Japan
The Land of the Rising Sun has a strong culture of education, which is why there’s a diverse
set of provisions that support learning. Millennials who just wish to know more about the world, the latest
scientific breakthroughs, and others will find Japan’s approach to learning utterly delightful — especially
since apart from the fact that Japan is very creative, it’s completely dedicated to “kawaii” as well.
Japan's capital Tokyo is a hive of activity, but there are many natural and
technological attractions to make your vacay a unique experience.
Why Millennials Will Love Learning in Japan
- There are parks with no entrance fee that teach everything from driving to waste management.
- Expos are all year-round events in big cities and these never fail to draw in crowds of young people who
wish to learn everything from cars, to agriculture, to the latest inventions for disaster preparedness, and
- Family theme parks that combine education and entertainment can be found in different cities. Admission to
these places is affordable and even discounted for students.
- There are tours headed to pretty much anywhere to sign up for, and these tours always have special rates
for children and students.
If you’re a young person planning to see the world out there, these are the hottest destinations for you. Expect
to encounter people your age who share your interests. Who knows? You just may end up with new friends to share
your life-changing adventure with.
Bevan Berning is an Immigration professional and owner of Pathway Visas, an Immigration Agency dealing mostly with skilled
immigration to Canada and Australia. Bevan’s enthusiasm for the industry has kept him in
the Immigration field for the past seven years. Bevan is South African by birth and has been
residing in Dubai for the past eight years.