Top 10 Tourist Sites in Costa Brava
and Cheap Holidays to Costa Brava
There's plenty to see and do in this popular
Spain holiday destination
Ever gone to Costa Brava "the Wild Coast"? It is one of the hidden gems of Spain. Take advantage of cheap
holidays available in Costa Brava. There is something for everyone in Costa Brava: busy night life, beautiful beaches with lots of people or more secluded tiny bays
and private beaches, gift shops, hotels, shopping, resorts, restaurants, spa's, and more.
Developed in the 1950's to be the newest tourist destination, it grew into a place known for cheap and cheerful
holidays with lots of high rises and eventually over building. For those who want something with more character and
less mass tourism there is part of the coastline north of the port of Palamos with tiny bays, small beaches and
small harbours or shelters for fishing boats. Look for cheap holidays to Costa Brava to go on an adventure for
yourself and make sure you check out the car rentals as it is the easiest way to get around and explore.
|As a popular holiday destination in Spain,
Costa Brava offers plenty of sightseeing and activities to its visitors.
Things to Do
There are lots of things to do in Costa Brava with lots of variety from energetic to cultural and always the
opportunity to relax. You can choose to stay by the sea or go inland to the picturesque mountains and roam and
explore the lovely little towns and villages.
Here is an idea of the different activities available to do in Costa Brava:
- Nightlife: At one of the many nightclubs and bars
- Culture: Dali museum, small quaint towns and villages
- Water Park activities
- Lots of beaches: Swimming, snorkeling, sun-bathers
- Landscape: Traditional mountain villages, spectacular views
- Golf Clubs: Emporda Golf Club and many other top golf venues
- Shopping: Lots of places but try Begur a little town with lovely shops
- Restaurants: There are lots to choose from
- Resorts: Lloret de Mar and Tossa de Mar and many others.
- Festivals: In July there are a number of festivals to participate in e.g. Cap Roid
Garden Festival, and the Music Festival in Torroella de Montgri
From all the choices that are available, these are the best Costa Brava tourist sites to definitely add to your
list of places to visit or things to do while doing a bit of travel and leisure.
- Theatre and museum of Dali in Figueres
- Island of Ter: Wildlife refuge and great setting for environmental education
- Lake Banyoles: Lots of beautiful landscape
- El Bulli restaurant: Famous for its cuisine which has international influence
- Basilica of Castello d'Empuries
- Torre Galatea in Figueres
- Water parks: In Lloret de Mar
- Club de Golf D Aro
- Vila Vella (Old Town) Tossa de Mar: Only surviving walled city on the Catalan coast
- Marimurtra Botanical Gardens
|Locals celebrating religious holiday at Easter time in a Spanish town
Playing the Tourist
When I go for a summer to another country and play the tourist, I have to remember that even though I am on
holidays, I still cannot let my guard down as far as staying secure and making sure that my property is secure.
What this means is that I don't bring unnecessary jewellery or electronic equipment that I am going to needlessly
carry around and end up having to keep in the safe most of the time so as not to attract attention of thieves. I
have to also remember to lock the doors and windows properly when leaving the room so that it is a deterrent to any
thieves that might be working in the area. Being safe and being aware means that the holiday can be enjoyed without
mishap. Also, knowing the local laws and ways of functioning in an emergency is very important so surfing the web
for the information before going would be very helpful while you are looking to book cheap holidays to Costa
Explore Costa Brava
Costa Brava has a lot to offer and is waiting to be explored and enjoyed. There are loads of different types of
activities to do there that will suit everyone of every age from water parks to golf courses, from night clubs to
museums. And then don't forget that the summer months are festival months so if you book it right, you might be
able to take in one of the many festivals that Costa Brava entertains.